Monday, May 12, 2008

avideogameplayer and the Message Boards...

After about hanging on the game boards for about 3-6 months, I decided to see what other kind of boards GF had. I click on the main board list and I see a section called 'Social' boards..WHOA! There was A LOT. So after looking around, I see this one called 'Random Insanity'. It sound like a cool place to hang, so I gave it a try...

First glance, there was a literal TON of topics there(it still does, btw.). So I made a topic and went from there. Ran into a couple of cool people(the 2 that I can remember off hand was Strata9976 and RazorMan). We used to hang out in each other topics. 'Pos or no pos' was always a RI staple. And RazorMan's 'Post here to get slaughter' was funny, too. I actually talk to RM during those early days via AIM. (Hey, Josh, if you're reading this, hope you got those stand up gigs you were looking for.).

Well, after a unknown amount of time, I began to felt like a small fish in a big pond. So I decided to look around some more. So some of the boards were very...interesting to say the least.

There was LUE(Life, the Universe and Everything). A board dedicated to talks about life, religion, and sometimes sex. The whole problem was, if you didn't walk around there like you had your head up your ass, ya'd be screwed. 'We're so smart and intellectual...'. Bunch of elitist jackasses.

NEXT!

The Couch...hmmm...nice size...but I can't get with the vibe...later...

NEXT!

The Porch...let's see...12 topics and the latest post was...5 DAYS AGO? What a f*cking joke...

NEXT!

The Hallway...nice size...it looks like someone posts here...well, peoples...here I come...

No comments:

Blast from the posting past

Final Fantasy RPG