Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stupid thieves...

I swear I'm so p*ssed off at this shoplifting situation we got here at work.

It's bad enough we got little sneaks just basically helping themselves to sh*t. We cannot call them on it...

At my job, we can't stop, hold, or even make these thieves empty their pockets.

WTF, man?

Back in the day, you walk into a store and shoplift something, you would end up getting called on it. Security or the workers would hold ya there or ask ya to empty your pockets.

But here, noooooooooooo...

Which is stupid, that's money walking out the door. My money, the company money, etc...

Even if someone sees this thief do something, we can't touch them. But if I pull a stunt like that, I'd get my ass fired.

You'd think that a company the size of mine, shoplifting would be a priority.

Nope.

The question is, why? Why would any company tell their employess to just basically stand by while people use their five finger discount?

It's bullsh*t to me. A thief is a thief. F*ck their civil rights...what about the right of everyone else involved?

Huh? Can you explain it to me?

Grrrrrrrrrr...

Thanks for reading...

Later...

2 comments:

David said...

There's a few reasons why stores do not tell their employees to confront shoplifters.

One is employee safety. They do not want employees getting assaulted over items that are just a few bucks.

And the second is that there is all the difference in the world between a store catching a shoplifter and convincing a judge/court that the dude shoplifted. Frankly, there are so many technicalities and court costs and time spent in court that many stores just throw their hands up and say to hell with it.

avideogameplayer said...

Well, I can agree with the employee safety issue, but to me, that's MY money these thieves are walking out with. Why should I suffer cause my employer decides to throws up their hands.

When bonus time comes around, it'd be 'Oops. Sorry. No money for bonuses this time...'

Sorry. Ain't happening....

And also, what kind of message are we sending?

'Oooh....it's ok, we don't mind you guys just walking out here with our stuff...'

Sorry...I can't accept that sh*t...

It's this kind of attitude that's f*cking things up for the rest of us...

Blast from the posting past

Final Fantasy RPG