Wednesday, July 23, 2008

'Set the Wayback Machine, Sherman...'

Sorry for not updating sooner. Graveyard shift is a mofo...

Well, I'm doing laundry right now. Not exactly the most fun thing in the universe (I think being related to Britney Spears might be a close second...).

Anyway, watching the machines go round and round got me thinking about my life. The things I have done, etc.

One event(s) that really kinda popped in my head got me thinking about what kind of defining moment it was for me...so without further ado...

I was 17 at the time. (Damn I feel old...). My mother had just died from a brain clot six months prior. So it wasn't a happy household. My dad was still upset and moved one of my older sisters in to help out around the house.

It was, for a lack of a better word, tense. We were all kind of adjusting to things and each other. I think my sis felt it worst of all. She was on her own for so long that she felt kinda frustrated.

But me and sis got along well enough, but she thought she could 'replace' mom or some sh*t. Her and dad would often fight about the issue of disciplining me...

She would often yell that I wasn't being treated like her and my other siblings were being treated back in the day...

Wasn't a pretty picture...anyhow...

All this was going on when all the banks were getting those ATM's hooked up. My dad and my sister, not being tech savvy, enlist me to go down to the back the use it.

Well, when you're a teenager without any money when your friends have some...you see where I'm going with this?

'Well, he ain't gonna notice $10 here or there...' (ended up snagging $80 when all is said and done.)

WRONG! (Note to all you kiddies out there: your 'rents aren't as stupid as you think they are...)

To say my dad was pissed is a understatement...

He never SAID ONE WORD. PERIOD.

Can you imagine one of your parents gone and the other one NOT talking to you? It hurts...a lot. My sister became a 'mouthpiece' for dad.

I was upset by the whole situation, I said 'F*ck it!'. I packed up a bag, 'borrowed' my sis' ATM card, and made my way to Wildwood. I had a good time. (For the $800 I 'borrowed', it had better.)

It was all fun and games until the...

A) ATM swallowed her bankcard

B) Ran out of money...

I grabbed a job busing tables at some hole in the wall restaurant. (Free food!). Wasn't that bad.

One night, I just got done and wanted to hit the arcade. Well, I walked into one arcade and guess who I ran into...

My dear old dad...(BUSTED!). He was talking to me now. He had called 5-0 on me(can't blame the guy.). But he wanted to give me a chance to come back home and pay off everything and finish school. But he wanted me to do it on my own. After some talking I said I would come home. (I did and got a job at some fast food dump and paid my dad and sis off.).

In retrospect, my dad really loved me. He could done all sorts of thing to me when he caught me (couldn't blame him for doing so.).

But he gave me a choice...and I think I picked the right one...

Thanks for reading this long post...

Later!

No comments:

Blast from the posting past

Final Fantasy RPG