Friday, August 21, 2009

Closed for the moment.

Well, I don't know if you heard the news lately, but it seems that some model sued a blogger for libel (or was defamation?) just because he called her a name. I won't mention the model's name or any details because I don't want her to come after me next.

But from what I understand, Google (the company that hosted said blog) basically rolled over and gave out the blogger's info to the model's lawyer without a fight.

While I won't comment on the legal ramifications of this issue, I just think that it's just ridiculous that Google would just throw someone under the bus because of some public figure got butthurt over some name calling.

So I have decided to find a another host for my blog and stop using blogspot for this blog.

I'm sorry, but to me, it's the principal of it.

I will still be blogging at avideogameplayer.wordpress.com, but for now, this blog is closed.

Thanks to everyone who read it and supported my efforts.

Later! (Hopefully it will at my new host).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.startribune.com/science/54379257.html

That is the story you're refrring to. It was about someone who used their Blogspot account anonymously and Google outed them, which the poster felt wasn't fair (although in Google's defense, it seems to be the result of a court order).

avideogameplayer said...

Of course, it wasn't. What happened to Freedom of Speech?

Blast from the posting past

Final Fantasy RPG